пʼятницю, 24 вересня 2010 р.

It's Cool to Read

Ever since I learned to read, when I was three years old, I love books. Since then, I collect them and consider them to be a great value. Few years ago, when I studied at school, I read constantly - from the morning to the evening and whole night long. I had a lot of time for this, because I did not like school and attended it very rarely. When I went to school I always took some books and read during boring classes. Among my friends there were many of those, who appreciated literature, the same as I did. We exchanged books and discussed them often.

Not surprisingly, that my favorite annual celebrations are days of the Book in Lviv, called the Forum of the Publishers. It is a major book fair. This event is held annually in mid-September. A lot of book publishers from all over Ukraine and also other countries, like Poland, Germany and, of course, Russia come to take part in the fairs.

Last year even the Norton from the United States came.

Within the Forum there are a lot of events. For four days, during the fair, there are many representations of the new publishing projects, presentations of the new books, meetings with famous writers and readings for children. The Forum also held screenings of films, bases on books and a lot of other interesting events.

Among my favorite modern Ukrainian writers are Andrii Kokotiukha, who is a recent guest of the Forum. He is a very famous Ukrainian journalist, writer and provocateur. He writes mostly in the genre of adventure and criminal detective novel. All books are extremely exciting and special. Kokotiukha is continuously works in the most popular Ukrainian newspapers, magazines and TV channels. He has written scripts for several documentaries on the series "Criminal history" on the ICTV channel. Based on the novel "Legend of goofy" television feature film was shot. A huge number of other books are waiting to be screened. He writes the Ukrainian and Russian languages.

For the book addicted people, Publishers Forum in Lviv - is a really important celebration. Despite the fact that similar celebrations are held in other cities in Ukraine such as Kiev, Odessa and Kharkiv, Lviv Book Fair is the largest in Ukraine, the most successful and attracts many people.

2 коментарі: